Ung Svensk Form showcases latest Swedish Designs in Hyderabad
- Apr 04, 2018
- Showcasing the latest trends in Swedish designs complete with eyecatching craftsmanship and laced with new forms of expression, Ung Svensk Form was held as part of the Swedish Design Week in the city on Wednesday.
- Organised by Embassy of Sweden-New Delhi in association with the Jawaharlal Nehru
- Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU) at Masab Tank campus, the exhibition is based on themes of sustainability, innovation and circular economy.
- From images to products, recycled goods and unisex fashion dealing with migrant crisis, the exhibition which is based on the themes of sustainability, innovation and circular economy, has on display 19 state-of-the art designs. Some designs from students of JNAFAU and NIFT too were showcased at the event alongside the Swedish designs.
- Katja Beckman and Maja Michaelsdotter Eriksson whose designs are on display here also conducted workshops on ‘Abstract expression interpreting emotions in materials and critiquing by neutral questions’.
- Katja Beckman came up with a work ‘Yellow III’ which is woven in different textures and techniques.
- 28-year-old Katja from Berlin who holds a master’s degree in fine arts said that she works with the material as a storyteller and translated the images to structures in monochrome colour schemes. “Inspired by the sublime in nature and the feeling of total enclosure, my tapestries are abstract representations of memories created in the structure of textile material”, she said. Deputy Chief Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali, who inaugurated the exhibition, said that in the modern era, issues of sustainability and circular economy lend another dimension to design and make it more meaningful.
- Ambassador of Sweden to India Klas Molin, IT and Industries Secretary Jayesh Ranjan, Vice Chancellor of JNAFAU Kavita Daryani Rao and others were present on the occasion.
Mar 30, 2019
Mar 12, 2019
Mar 08, 2019
Nov 15, 2018