M. Vinod Ganesh
B.Arch., M.Arch., (Urban Design)
26 years in Teaching +2 years in Industry
Architecture and Urban Design
Traditional and vernacular Architecture and Urbanism
Prof. M.Vinod Ganesh studied architecture at JNTU, Hyderabad, Urban Design at CEPT University, Ahmedabad and is presently a full-time faculty member of Department of Architecture, School of Planning and Architecture, JNAFA University, Hyderabad. He has over two decades of teaching experience in the University and has taught both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
His research interests are Traditional, Vernacular Architecture and Urbanism. He is a member of University academic boards in Architecture, Urban Design and Conservation.
Soon after his Masters, Vinod Ganesh was called upon by B. V. Doshi to work on Khargar node Urban Design project for New Bombay. Subsequently, he was involved with Indore city Urban Renewal project and a Diamond Market design project in Mumbai.
After returning to Hyderabad, he was associated with Anwar Aziz on prestigious Satyam Computers Software centre at Hyderabad and NFCL campus buildings in Kakinada. He has been also associated with Eco-City project for Tirupathi and Master Plan of Venkatarayapuram Township near Tanuku. He is also the present Chairman of Institute of Urban Designers India, Hyderabad centre.Research/Books/Papers Published
- Restructuring of Indian Cities: Need for innovative teamwork”, National Seminar on “ Globalization; Contextualizing social sciences research in India –Towards Diagnostic, Predictive and Intervention modules, held on November 15-16, 2005 at University of Hyderabad.
- Contributed research material to the book “The Royal Palaces of Nizam” by Dr.M.A.Nayeem – Published by Hyderabad Publishers.
- “Architectural aspects of Seismic Safety in Tall Buildings”, Presented at the National Symposium held at IIIT, Hyderabad. July 2015.
Conducted a one week International Workshop on “Housing” in association with University of Bordeaux, France from 20th October 2017 t0 26th October 2017.
Organized an International Architecture Design Studio Competition and exhibition AIAC 2017 at JNAFA University, Hyderabad, from 12th September to 14th September 2017. Also acted as a jury member for the competition.
- Conducted an International Workshop on ‘Art and Architecture’ as an expert at Kalabhavana, Santiniketan, Viswabharathi University, West Bengal, from 17th March to 21st March 2015
- Conducted a two week International Workshop on “Green Building Design,” in association with University of Florence, Italy
Moderated a Panel Discussion at a workshop on “Heritage – Preserving the Past for a Bright Future” organized by Hyderabad Management Association on 14th December 2011 at Hyderabad.
- AICTE research project under RPS scheme on documentation of traditional and Vernacular Architecture of Hyderabad -2008.
Bharat Diamond Bourse, Diamond Market, Bandra Kurla complex, Mumbai with Ar.B.V.Doshi, Sangath, Ahmedabad.
- Urban Renewal, Historic Core of Indore City, Madhya Pradesh with Ar.B.V.Doshi, Sangath, Ahmedabad.
- Khargar Node Development, New Bombay with Ar. B.V.Doshi, Sangath, Ahmedabad.
- Satyam Technology centre, Software Park for Satyam Computers, Bahadurpally, Hyderabad, with Architect Anwar Aziz, Hyderabad.
- NFCL Club House for Nagarjuna Fertilizers at Kakinada, with Ar. Anwar Aziz, Hyderabad.
- Ishaque Estate, Commercial complex, Parklane, Secunderabad with Ar. Anwar Aziz, Hyderabad.
- Smith and Kenner Pharmaceutical Formulation Unit, Hyderabad with Ar. P.Venu Gopal.
- Extension of Community hall at HAL, Hyderabad with Prof. Ravi Anand Kamal, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Design of VIP Guest House at HAL, Hyderabad with Prof.Ravi Anand Kamal, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Development Plan for Industrial Township of Venkatarayapuram, near Tanuku, Andhra Pradesh with Dr.M .V.Rama Seshu, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Design and execution of Vice-Chancellor’s chambers at JNTU, with Dr M.V.RamaSeshu, and Dr N.Kavita Daryani Rao of JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Eco-City project for Development of Tirupati town Core Area, a project initiated by Central Pollution Control Board, Government of India with Prof. Ravi Anand Kamal.
- 2BHK Housing Project at Kollur village, Sangareddy District for the Government of Telangana.
- Sainik School Project in Warangal District for the Government of Telangana.