E. Sandhya Reddy
BA, MA(GEOGRAPHY),MURP, PG DIPLOMA (GEO CARTOGRAPHY), (PhD), NET
24 years in Teaching + 2 years in Industry (as of 2022)
Urban & Regional Planning, Urban Geography, Cartography, G.I.S
: Guidelines for Sustainable Land and Water Resource Management
I finished my MURP from JNTU, SPA, in 1996 since then I am associated with SPA as a Faculty, I have 19 years of teaching experience and 2 years of consultancy experience with Satyam Foundation where I worked as Associate and worked for a UN project and several other projects. In MCRHRD I worked as a Professor where I was conducting Training programs for the government employees as a Training Program Co-ordinator. I cherish my teaching experience where I am involved in teaching M Tech (Planning) and B Tech (Planning) students. As a teacher I am disciplined and punctual. Apart from teaching as I am the HOD for the Urban & Regional Planning Department I am involved in Administration. I was Thesis Co-ordinator for many M Tech and B Tech batches, I have conducted a workshop on Personality Development and Communication Skills for FSP students in the year 2010 and invited Dr. Patabhirama Rao an eminent magician and psychiatrist.
- Paper presented titled “Urban Planning and Land Management” in the 11th Asian Urbanization Conference, held on 10th -13th December, 2011, organized by Department of Geography, Faculty of Sciences, Osmania University.
- Paper presented titled “Effects of Urban Areas on Local Climate”, in the Emerging Urban Transformations, International Conference on “Multilayered Cities and Urban Systems”, 30th July-9th August, 2009. Organized by International Geographical Union’s Urban Geography Commission (IGU-UGC) & Department of Geography, Faculty of Sciences, Osmania University.
- Paper presented titled “ Urban Land Capacity Assessment Techniques- A Tool for Better Planning”,1st International Indian Geography Congress, National Association of Geographers, India October 5th-7th, 2006, Focal Theme Development, Environment and Geoinformatics. Organized by Department of Geography, Faculty of Sciences, Osmania University.
- Paper presented titled “Urban Land and Water Resource Management – A case of Hyderabad” The 11th Deccan Geographical Society, Indian International Conference - 27th – 29th September 2016, Theme Geospatial solutions to Urban and Regional Environmental Issues. Organized by Department of Geography, Faculty of Sciences, Osmania University.
- Provision of Water and Sanitation for the Informal Settlements of Kukatpally Pilot project was undertaken at Maissamma Kunta Lake slums- Yusufnagar, Safadarnagar and Rajeev Gandhi nagar. This project was in alliance partnership with UN Habitat, GHMC, HMWS&SB & Satyam Foundation.
- Solid waste management at Kukapally Housing Board colony, covering IVth & Vth Phases.
- Carbon Footprint project for Satyam Computer Services Ltd in all the Satyam Locations across India.
- Traffic Volume Impact Studies for a coming Multiplex near JNTU Kukatpally. Project Assistant- involved conducting traffic volume surveys from the JNTU road leading to Madhapur a stretch of 1 km, the traffic volume studies were done at different time in the day and different days such Mondays, Mid week day, Sunday, did a comparative analysis and production of the final report.
- Traffic Volume Impact Studies for a coming Multiplex opposite to Kukatpally Truck terminal. Project Assistant - Involved conducting traffic volume surveys from the Balanagar X roads to Kukatpally Bus Stop a stretch of 1 km, the traffic volume studies were done at different time in the day and different days such Mondays, Mid week day, Sunday, did a comparative analysis and production of the final report.