B. Tech Facilities & Services Planning
B. Tech (FSP) programme is an interdisciplinary course and relates to design, planning, and maintenance of residential, commercial or institutional buildings, such as hospitals, clinics, hotels, resorts, schools, office complexes, convention centers. Subjects include the study of HVAC, electric power, firefighting, plumbing and lighting systems.
The curriculum is structured for four years and is divided into eight semesters. The curriculum includes field visits and internship in professional organisation.
This degree gives the student a variety of professional options. Both public and private sectors offer a range of jobs. Graduates can work as technical engineers in the fields of:
- Planning sectors (urban and rural planning and GIS Engineers Design industries)
- Consultants for large architecture projects, Project Design, Graphics Design, Industrial Design etc.,
- Construction fields (Project management building designers, environmental designers, Construction engineers for MEP Services, etc.,
- Software industry, software development for MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/ Plumbing) Services
Building Services engineers work closely with other construction professionals, architects, structural engineers and quantity surveyors. They influence the architecture of a building and play a significant role in the sustainability and energy demands of a building. Within building services engineering, new roles are emerging, in the areas of renewable energy, sustainability, low carbon technologies and energy management. With buildings accounting for around 50% of all carbon emissions, building services engineers play a significant role in combating climate change. As such, a typical building services engineer has a wide-ranging career path.
Intermediate (M.P.C) / 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/equivalent qualification.
The students have to qualify in EAMCET conducted by the Government of Telangana.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Environmental Engineering
- Spatial Information Technology
- Water and Environmental Technology
- Geographical System Engineering
- Hospitality Management
- Construction Management
- Contract Management
- Energy Management
- Security and life safety Management
- Building Automation system